Happy National Pumpkin Day!
Of course, that’s a thing.
Apparently I missed National Nut Day last week (though I inevitably celebrated with Nuttzo. Ob. Sessed.) It would be a shame not to celebrate one of my favorite parts of the fall season, so a cozy pumpkin treat is definitely in order. I made a fresh batch of pumpkin butter this morning before I realized what a hallowed day it is, but I wanted to share a new muffin recipe I crafted last week. I wanted to keep it as allergen-free as possible because of some trick-or-treater friends, so it’s gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and nut-free. But trust me – you won’t miss any of those guys. Your kitchen will smell amazing, and your tastebuds will be super happy!
Pumpkin Apple Spice Muffins
- 2/3 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1.5 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1.5 cups pumpkin
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grind oats into flour and combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine wet ingredients. Add to dry ingredients and mix.
- Pour batter into muffin tins and bake approximately 40 minutes until slightly browned.
Top these babies with coconut butter, nut butter, or go a little crazy with some homemade pumpkin butter. They freeze well, too, so you can pop them out for a quick and easy breakfast or snack.