Coffee, you wonderful nectar you.
Did you know that the irresistible aroma of freshly brewed java is actually a total turn on?
(Tell me something I don’t know, you might be thinking.)
That’s right – studies have shown that coffee is a major aphrodisiac for women. The caffeine boosts heart rate and increases blood flow (no surprise there) and the alkaloids boost stamina. Plus, the sheer pleasure of sipping a cup of coffee gives us a rush of dopamine.
There’s lots to love about coffee:
- It improves energy levels and mood
- It can boost your metabolic rate
- It can improve your physical performance (not just as an aphrodisiac)
- It’s packed with antioxidants and nutrients – you’ll sip on B vitamins, potassium, manganese and magnesium
- Studies indicate it may actually reduce your risk of depression, diabetes, and cancer
Like anything else, the key to find a happy balance. Coffee is, of course, a stimulant. For many of us, more than a cup or so each morning will tip us from high vibes to an anxious buzz. Consider sipping one cup, but make that cup super special. Treat yourself to fancy beans and use a French press or pour over method to create a cozy morning ritual.
Go on, give yourself a little extra time to savor the full experience.